AHOIMC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your help is wanted for the AHOI-Mod

5 posters

Go down

Your help is wanted for the AHOI-Mod Empty Your help is wanted for the AHOI-Mod

Post  Chromos Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:45 pm

Hi,

I just thought it would be nice to have the next patch coming out in the best way possible.
And for that, I would like to have some people playtest it and give me feedback where it can be improved.
I have in mind to test all the functionalities like the balancing of the new units and the techs tied to them, as also how the new research and production ai plays out etc.. Extra gfx and tech description can follow later.

If you like to enhance the next version of the AHOI-Mod and speed up the process, please leave me a note here.
I hope I can send then next weekend a PN with dl locations ready for you to playtest the latest version of the current AHOI-Mod. Please write then your feedback here.

I adopted the AHOI-Mod to the 3.062 Patch and did quiete some more changes already.

Changelog so far:

General:
- Adaption to Patch 3.06
- Fixed instant "manual unit-upgrade" bug.
- Added some goverment specific modifiers that show up in the politics screen in the goverment section.
- Changed max units pools, so overall supply delivery is improved. Watch out to catch bigger supply depots from retreating enemy units.
- Complete rework/check of the units stats and progression. Check of techs and units start stats.
- Reworked all country history files

Lua:
- New Dynamic AI-production. Be able to play with production on auto and get a reasonable force compositon depending on ingame situations.
- New dynamic AI-research. Be able to play with research on auto and get a reasonable tech research depending on ingame situations.(Very early version but able to research all 580+ technologies.)

Map:
- New map textures for relief look. Done by adaption of the Relief maps of Danevang and Modestus for the new CMP/3.06-map.
- Added some own texture changes.
- New colour for the rivers.
- Ă–resund change. GER can now travel from Northsea to Baltic through "Kiel-Canal" without chance of being blocked by Danmark.(Historical reason to build the Kiel-Canal!)
- Danzig Corridor added.

Changes of units:
- Completely changed/new unit system/setup. So we have eg. now no cluttered statistsics tab anymore!
- Armoured Car will be available in Mot/Mech-Cav.
- Light Tanks will be avaialbale in Armor and in Mot/Mech-Cav.
- SHvy Tanks will be available in Hvy Armor.
- TD and AG are incorporated in Support-units and in Corps-units, also the Hvy AT/AG.
- Elite units have only one Support-unit and one Art unit.
- Dropped Mot-Inf and Elite Mot-Inf. Instead, leg inf can be motorised by tech, and MOT-Inf represents all that early Tank-Div-Inf and later MECH-Inf.
- No seperate Jet units anymore, Jets are part of the normal Counters and "Plane Types" are a component.
- Droped extra Transport-Ships. Are all modified Std-Transport-Ships now and will come with events.(Auxilary etc..)
- Added new carrier unit. Now available: CVE/CVL/CV/SHCV. CVE comes with the CVE tech now.(shares CVL techs)
- Dropped Recon plane. Tech will give spotting bonus.
- Added Light Bombers.
- Dropped Police and added Paramilitary instead. Also in an Elite-version(NKVD and early and late foreign WSS)
- Colonial Inf droped, will later be simulated with foreign units.

Changes of techs:
- Fixed the "Technolgy start-tech-calculation bug". All countries hav now only the techs defined in their history folder.
- Armor techs adopted to the new units.
- Inf techs adopted to the new units.
- Air techs adopted to the new units.
- Naval techs adopted to the new units.
- Colonial Inf tech droped, tech will be used for Paramilitary activation.

GUI changes:
- Added new colours to the Parties
- New province view wich allows to see the whole provinve picture
- New pictures for the different terrain types
- Sunk ship list text colour now white again.
- Reworked/fixed background for some countries

Would be nice if some could help and speed up the process to get the AHOI-Patch out asap.
If you would like to help I'll send you a PN with the download link.
I think I could be ready for next weekend with a first test version.

Cheers!
Chromos
Chromos
Chromos
Admin

http://ahoimod.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Your help is wanted for the AHOI-Mod Empty Re: Your help is wanted for the AHOI-Mod

Post  kiwigareth Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:12 am

I'll put my hand up to help, having enjoyed the results of the modding community for many years.

kiwigareth
Uknown

Back to top Go down

Your help is wanted for the AHOI-Mod Empty Re: Your help is wanted for the AHOI-Mod

Post  Chromos Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:42 pm

kiwigareth wrote:I'll put my hand up to help, having enjoyed the results of the modding community for many years.

Hi kiwigareth,
and thank you for your offer! Smile

I'll PN you the dl link after the next test version is rdy.

Cheers,
Chromos
Chromos
Chromos
Admin

Back to top Go down

Your help is wanted for the AHOI-Mod Empty ahoi mod 3.06

Post  ggm Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:11 am

chromos

big fan of your mod. any chance of getting a copy to evaluate.
I have done some work for ice 3.9 and 4.0

ggm

ggm
Uknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Chromos Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:36 am

ggm wrote:chromos

big fan of your mod. any chance of getting a copy to evaluate.
I have done some work for ice 3.9 and 4.0

ggm

Hi ggm,
nice that you show up here too.
And like I wrote on the Paradox forum, I put you on the list for the next version.
You will get an dl link via PN here when its ready.

The last test version was quite too buggy.

Cheers,
Chromos
Chromos
Chromos
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick87 Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:55 pm

I would also like to help you with some GUI stuff.

maverick87
Uknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Chromos Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:05 am

maverick87 wrote:I would also like to help you with some GUI stuff.

Hi maverick87!

Nice to see you here and thank you for your offer. I'll find something for you to do pretty quick hopefully.

Cheers!
Chromos

PS: For all of you who don't know him, Maverick did the widescreen GUIs for BlackICE and August Storm. Wink
Chromos
Chromos
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chromos Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:50 pm

I posted over at facebook about two new preview pics of new loading screens:
Your help is wanted for the AHOI-Mod Safe_image.php?d=AQAwodhhV6wyIH8Z&w=155&h=114&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.moddb.com%2Fimages%2Fmods%2F1%2F22%2F21293%2FtigerII Your help is wanted for the AHOI-Mod Safe_image.php?d=AQAu7CSWuU9ieavI&w=155&h=114&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.moddb.com%2Fimages%2Fmods%2F1%2F22%2F21293%2FBismarck
Like me there, if you like..

For all STEAM gamers, we have also an own STEAM group now:
Your help is wanted for the AHOI-Mod Steamlogo2

Aaand, I need moaaar feedback from the testers of the current TFH-Test version. Wink
How is the ai, what about units values? et. etc..

I would like to let the techtree stay at its current status now.
So we could start adding tech descriptions and soon model names.
Events etc. etc...

This first version for TFH is just a first version for testers, as quite some of the Mod needs some tweaking. But those who offered and like to help can do that now.
Please add a note here in the forum about what you would like to do, so we don't have unnecessary double work. To have all feedback focused in one place please use this forum here.

Please test:
OOB's
Goverment traits
start Techs and techtree progression
Start Technologies
Unit progression? (Note: New component system not implemented yet. All std so far.)
NatChi/Jap war progress. Human and AI.

Please suggest:
Production focus of countries.(When should wich country switch to another build?)
Research focus of cuntries.(When should a country focus on what research?)
And of course anything else you would like to have or you might find.

Note:
Still no right models or names.
Research-AI will be changed.
Production-AI will be adjusted.

To come:
New component system for units(Needs to be activate the new researched equipment by decsions/events).
New buildings like you can already see in the new prov view.
New laws.
Rework of Strategic Ressources.
More map changes(Like the already done Danzig/Corridor or Kiel Canal usage).
Weather changes(Map terrain changes needed for this..)
Finally some more events about historic decisions.

Cheers,
Chromos
Chromos
Chromos
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  xDzonox Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:45 pm

Ok guys I thought it would be nice if the mod would be translated to another languages. Since I'm from Poland I can translate everything to Polish, but You gotta tell me, how to do it.

xDzonox
Uknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Chromos Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:27 pm

xDzonox wrote:Ok guys I thought it would be nice if the mod would be translated to another languages. Since I'm from Poland I can translate everything to Polish, but You gotta tell me, how to do it.

Hi xDzonox,

that would be of course great for the polish fans of the mod. Smile
(I hope there're some more next to you.)
The translations are done in the .csv files in the localisation folder of the mod.
Out of my head the language row must be the one after german.
Afaik in this order: english, french, german, polish, spanish..

So you just need to load up the files with libre office or MsOffice and check if the polish row has an entry and put in your translation from the english one.
I prefer to use notepadd++ (a very good free text editor) though. As it could give sometimes problems with the office programs on saving.
Hope that helps. And sorry for the late reply!

Chromos
Chromos
Chromos
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  xDzonox Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:41 pm

No probs Chromos, thanks for Your answer. I thought it would be in localisation, but I didn't know where exactly to put my translation. Going right to it Very Happy

xDzonox
Uknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Chromos Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:59 pm

Nice, looking forward to your results. Smile
Chromos
Chromos
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down