AHOIMC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Original units vs new units after scenario start

2 posters

Go down

Original units vs new units after scenario start Empty Original units vs new units after scenario start

Post  CCDK79 Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:18 pm

Hello,

I noticed an odd thing during my first game to get familiar with the game with Nat-China. I massively cheat to see what is possible, mind that. I do have one fighter and one bomber unit at start as Nat-China, then I add more units, fighters and bomber, all fine and dandy so far but then I noticed something, after upgrade the two original units in 1937 with frequent upgrade had jet fighter pilot training in 1937. Also fully upgraded when compaired with the units I later added, the type would be more advanced and have all the late post war gear even though I didn't have the techs.

1937 original nat china bomber

(brilliant can't post pics with external urls - okay whatever)

further down same unit - take note of all the gear past 1940 - in 1937

Bomber in same Bomber Group but one I added - that one is fitted with "proper" gear - tech I have.

Same second bomber - note the 1937ish gear

The problem seems to apply to starting ships too - my light criusers have 1945 helicopters but it's 1937 and I never researched Heli

CCDK79
Uknown

Back to top Go down

Original units vs new units after scenario start Empty Re: Original units vs new units after scenario start

Post  Chromos Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:54 am

Hi CCDK79,

and thank you for the feedback!
There is a "bug", because CHI has no Modells defined so far.
So the engine is asigning the wrong data.
I "quickfixed" it for now(assigning modell 0 in histroy data). So ingame it will show not adavanced anymore.

Whats wrong with external urls? I use that all the time here?
Just use  [ "img" ] "enter your link here" [ "/img" ]  should work, no?
(Without " of course..)
Test:
Original units vs new units after scenario start TFH-ahoi_mod-header

Cheers,
Chromos
Chromos
Chromos
Admin

http://ahoimod.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Original units vs new units after scenario start Empty Re: Original units vs new units after scenario start

Post  CCDK79 Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:33 am

There is a seven day waiting period for new members before they can post external urls, that's all, no biggie.

By the way, I noticed an odd thing, minor but still. I had researched subs up to date (1937) and noticed that they need -0.55 or something in supplies, it could be the effect of my low Ports/Habours tech (1912?) I suppose. I just wonder would fielding a, excuse the pun, boatload of U-boats, make my need for supplies smaller if I tagged the boats in question as "don't upgrade" or would it simply mean no increase in supply need - effectively 0.00?

The mod is a total hoot by the way. Geiles Tier.

CCDK79
Uknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Chromos Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:18 pm

Thank you again.
Will look into that too. Smile
Chromos
Chromos
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CCDK79 Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:22 pm

I noticed that the Submarine deckgun detracts from supplies needed rather than add to supplies needed, that can't be right, then later when the gun is removed (1944?) you have to make sure supplies needed are corrected too - Supply need added for all? or just the last (1940?) gun?

CCDK79
Uknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Chromos Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:17 pm

Oh, I wanted to do something about that for ages, but allways forgot over other things.
One part of the idea was this. Deck-guns were added for saving costly topedos initially. So drop in supply need.
And the idea for having a minus again with removal for deck guns was. "So we have no gun that uses supply, we save it.." -lol-

Changed it.
Chromos
Chromos
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CCDK79 Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:45 pm

Right! Smile It was common practice to surface and fire off a few shots when catching a lonely transport before gunning it down to save torpedoes, early in the war anyway, before fighter cover and convoy duty caught on. I am remembering that scene in Das Boot where they are messing with the torpedoes, greasing them and all that.

"Gut einfetten die Dame damit es so richtig flutschen tut neh?"

CCDK79
Uknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Chromos Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:35 pm

Haha, I can only guess that this comment was from the same guy that asked about "connect hairs in the nose.."
I haven't seen that movie for a looong time.

And the usage of deck gun is dating back to WW1. Back then they took even ships as prize of war without sinking them. At least as long all played "fair". After that it went much worse.
Chromos
Chromos
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down