AHOIMC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about Paramilitary regiments

2 posters

Go down

Question about Paramilitary regiments Empty Question about Paramilitary regiments

Post  CCDK79 Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:53 pm

I Would guess that the paramilitary regiments are used mainly for policing duties, second line, Hiwi, Luftwaffe, counterinsurgency etc but I am wondering, when building a division of them with support and arty like a first line unit for heavy duty in difficult terrain or wide areas, how come the support element and the arty appears before the paramilitary elements in a divisional build? If done with militia, the militia regiments appear correctly

Mil
Mil
Mil
Support
Arty

not so with Para Mil

Support
Arty
Para Mil
Para Mil
Para Mil

Wouldn't that indicate that support and arty are the foremost elements to engage the enemy if encountered? Shouldn't the Para military element have the same combat status as militia?

CCDK79
Uknown

Back to top Go down

Question about Paramilitary regiments Empty Re: Question about Paramilitary regiments

Post  Chromos Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:04 am

CCDK79 wrote:I Would guess that the paramilitary regiments are used mainly for policing duties, second line, Hiwi, Luftwaffe, counterinsurgency etc but I am wondering, when building a division of them with support and arty like a first line unit for heavy duty in difficult terrain or wide areas, how come the support element and the arty appears before the paramilitary elements in a divisional build? If done with militia, the militia regiments appear correctly

Mil
Mil
Mil
Support
Arty

not so with Para Mil

Support
Arty
Para Mil
Para Mil
Para Mil

Wouldn't that indicate that support and arty are the foremost elements to engage the enemy if encountered? Shouldn't the Para military element have the same combat status as militia?
No it is just cosmetic. The more interesting value in units is combat_ width. As units without width are not able to conduct combat alone. They need at least unit with combat_width attached to fight.

But in this matter here, the priority is not set right.
In the units file in the units folder you find at the end of the file the entry:
priority = 2
wich should be like the elite_para or militia:
priority = 6
This entry declares wich unit will be show on top of others.
Accordingly other units wich have higher numbers will be shown on top over those with lower ones.
I set Militia now on 4 to have it below Para and GAR, wich will be in the next patch.
So in case we mic MIL and GAR, GAR is shown on top.
Chromos
Chromos
Admin

http://ahoimod.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Question about Paramilitary regiments Empty Re: Question about Paramilitary regiments

Post  CCDK79 Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:52 am

Sorry I just noticed that large formations removed the 1 width from militia and are just as useless as para as secondary sicherungstruppen. I'll have to make some Cav - ParaM - ParaM then, regular infantry is too exspensive

CCDK79
Uknown

Back to top Go down

Post  CCDK79 Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:45 pm

Actually cost isn't the main issue, speed is. To group Para M with infantry would take away the speed advantage the Para M has as a light formation, suited for pinning and holding partisans if they appear. The Zeppelin will come in handy there. Cheap, long range with some bombing ability, one group of 2 or 3 wings pr army group in areas like Russia, Poland, the Caucasus, in North Africa and the Middel East would be enough to give needed support to the reaction forces on the ground. They will basically be acting as the cheap british counter insurgency squadrons based in iraq and palestine in the 1920's and 30's but with great range.

CCDK79
Uknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Chromos Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:45 am

Even as combat width is not shown if below 1, it should not be zero, and that way you should still have a combat force. Did you used PAR in that anti partisan role?
Chromos
Chromos
Admin

http://ahoimod.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  CCDK79 Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:40 am

I settled on Cav Para M Para M and named them Polizei Divisionen. Cheap, fast and able to do the job.

as example:

Armee Gruppe Polen (army group)

12. Armee

13. Armee

Sicherungsdienst Polen (Armee)
Zep Group Poland (3)

1. Sicherungs Korps

Warschau Sicherung (Div)
GAR
GAR
GAR

5. Polizei Division

CAV
Para M
Para M

9. Polizei Division

Cav
Para M
Para M

2. Sicherungs Korps

4. Kavallerie Division
Cav
Cav
Cav
Mobile Sup
Sp Art

4. Polizei Division

CAV
Para M
Para M

7. Polizei Division

Cav
Para M
Para M

CCDK79
Uknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down