AHOIMC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions for improvements

3 posters

Go down

Suggestions for improvements Empty Suggestions for improvements

Post  chakeal Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:01 am

I just think it would be a good idea for a forum which adresses what the players would like to see in the mod...

personally one of the biggest things i would like to see is a russian puppet which can be created after the soviets get defeated, i dont like the whole idea of annexing everything

chakeal
Uknown

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for improvements Empty Re: Suggestions for improvements

Post  Chromos Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:09 pm

chakeal wrote:I just think it would be a good idea for a forum which adresses what the players would like to see in the mod...

personally one of the biggest things i would like to see is a russian puppet which can be created after the soviets get defeated, i dont like the whole idea of annexing everything

Good idea! I make this a sticky. Smile

And of course, "new order"-events/decsions would be nice..

Cheers,
Chromos
Chromos
Chromos
Admin

http://ahoimod.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  nrostaie02 Fri May 25, 2012 10:28 pm

Hi ,

I had a few suggestions I would like to make,

1) I think it would be interesting if you could build power plants (for energy), mines (for metal), something for rare materials, pumps / refineries for oil and maybe gold mines for money. Because some countries in real life are full of metal but they do not have the money and technology to extract these from the earth.

Like the middle eastern countries have lots of oil in real life but in HOI they don't because they hadn't found as much then and didn't have technology to extract. I know it would be difficult but maybe have a maximum amount in each province resource, or the maximum you can maybe take so for example you currently get 5 but if you build a few metal mines you get the maximum of 50th.

2) Also if you are planning to extend the game from WW1, I think also it would be interesting if manpower growth, and science / leadership growth was included, rather than just increasing it through research, education and political laws. Other ways to do both this is and point 1 about resources is through events.

Let me know what you think about this. The game sounds very good so wanted to give a few ideas which i think should help.

Thanks, navid

nrostaie02
Uknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Chromos Thu May 31, 2012 11:34 am

nrostaie02 wrote:Hi ,

I had a few suggestions I would like to make,

1) I think it would be interesting if you could build power plants (for energy), mines (for metal), something for rare materials, pumps / refineries for oil and maybe gold mines for money. Because some countries in real life are full of metal but they do not have the money and technology to extract these from the earth.

Like the middle eastern countries have lots of oil in real life but in HOI they don't because they hadn't found as much then and didn't have technology to extract. I know it would be difficult but maybe have a maximum amount in each province resource, or the maximum you can maybe take so for example you currently get 5 but if you build a few metal mines you get the maximum of 50th.

2) Also if you are planning to extend the game from WW1, I think also it would be interesting if manpower growth, and science / leadership growth was included, rather than just increasing it through research, education and political laws. Other ways to do both this is and point 1 about resources is through events.

Let me know what you think about this. The game sounds very good so wanted to give a few ideas which i think should help.

Thanks, navid

Hi navid,

thanks for sharing your ideas!

1)
I like to have changing the map with events that simulate the search for more ressources too. Because of that, we have already the current "search techs" in the mod. They're just a placeholder for that idea.
We can't easily add ressources to provinces with new buildings. As the modifiers are just modifying an existing ressource. That would need an workaround.
It is possible to some extent. But I think it is easier to add some ressoureces directly then instead of adding a new building for that reason. New Extraction technology then adds to the amount you get from the available ressources.

So the research techs will trigger decsions/events that will then add f.e. oil in some provs in middle east. That events then could cost supply/money etc. or trigger event chains that ask you where you will invest in search of the oil and so on.
No need to teach the ai to build another building and have the same result.
The amount of work to get it implemented is still quite big if we want to have it in a historic reasonable way.

2)
Adding events that add MP/LS is of course thought of, but not fully detailed out so far. I have rough ideas that are bound f.e. to IC/laws and techs researched.
So if some circumstances are met you will get a bonus in MP/LS. But on the other side, f.e. a great war should lower that values too.
So it has to be balanced and plausible even in a more sandboxed/changed history.

Cheers!
Chromos
Chromos
Chromos
Admin

http://ahoimod.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  nrostaie02 Thu May 31, 2012 9:40 pm

Thanks for the response, when 3.06 officially is released, I'll play this mod properly and comment further.

Thanks,

Navid

nrostaie02
Uknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum